Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's the Final Countdown (For the MTC)

I have 1 full day left in the MTC. So I'm kind of freaking out a little, but its fine. I am about to go make this real life! 

Funny story of the week. SO it's my last time teaching a progressing investigator (our teacher Hermano Beltran) and I am teaching him about the nature of God. I'll write out our conversation in Spanish, then translate it for y'all.
"Dios tiene un cuerpo de carne y jueves."
"Jueves?? Cómo el día de la semana?"
"Oh..no! Dios tiene un cuerpo de sangre y juevos"

"God has a body of flesh and Thursday"
"Thursday?? Like the say of the week??"
"Oh..no! God has a body of flesh and eggs"

So...that's me here! Week 6, preaching false doctrine! Hahah it was hilarious. The real word, for future reference... huesos. Dios tiene un cuerpo de carne y huesos. Honestly, I'm not 100% positive that's how you would say that, but I'll learn by Monday;) Anyways, that was the funniest moment of the week by far. Also my most embarrassing spanish mix-up. I'm sure you will be able to look forward to many more of those in a couple weeks though! 

My thoughts about leaving in a nutshell: I'm scared out of my wits. I don't feel ready, I feel like I just barely got used to this transition, Spanish is hard and natives talk so fast, and goodbyes are not my forte. Today we had to say bye to my favorite teacher and it was absolutely heart-wrenching. Hermano Beltrán has taught me more than I can express in words, and I seriously am going to miss him so much its pathetic. I have learned somuch about how to be a more effective missionary, how to study the scriptures, how to work with a companion, how to teach in unity, how to be positive and see the blessings in my mission, how to get through hard times, how to have faith, how to have the Spirit... and thats just a beginning. I am so incredibly grateful for my experience in the CCM and the people I have met and gotten the opportunity to work with. My companion has taught me so much, about the gospel and testimonies, about teaching, and about strength. She has been SO patient with me (and my emotions). I love her so much and I am way sad that we are off to different missions for the next 18 months. She has always had such a good sense of humor that keeps me going when things get hard, and we connected so well. My district means so much to me, and I have so much respect for them. They all have different strengths and I'm stoked to hear about how they're able to bless their missions. Saying goodbye is going to be SO hard, but we are all moving on to a more exciting phase. 

It's been hard for me recently because all everyone talks about is leaving, and I want to enjoy my last bit of time here. My companion is purely stoked, and always brings up how excited she is to serve in McAllen. I wish I could steal some of her excitement and get rid of some of my fears. I wish I could say I was purely excited too, but I can't sort out my thought processes. I have been struggling to be honest. I'm working on my faith so that it will overcome my fears though. Today I am fasting, and I know tomorrow will be hard, but once Monday comes I want to be pumped. I think that being done with packing and saying goodbyes will help...

Today I read a scripture, D&C 31:3... I don't have my scriptures here to quote it exactly, but THE HOUR OF MY MISSION IS COME! I need to be filled with joy and leave all my fears behind so I can move forward with the work that needs to be done!! I am proclaiming the most important message people will ever hear in their lives! :) 

Well, I have to go now, but wish you all the best! Next time we talk I will be in Texas!!! Watch out Houston;) haha just kidding
Love you all! Have a great week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment