Friday, March 13, 2015

Unlimited Potential

This is probably going to be a short update because...I don't know what to talk about (sorry!) 

We had an awesome week though! We beat the member present record for this area (well I don't actually know who set the record or how long it has been or anything like that but the Zone Leaders challenged us to push ourselves so we did!) We had some really cool lessons where Nyomi Moises' girlfriend came out with us. She is so helpful and I love her!! Our ward only has a handful of younger people, so we love to spend time with them :) 

Moises is doing SO well!! Today is him and Nyomi's 6 year anniversary (of dating--they arent married) and they asked us to go celebrate it with them, so they are picking us up after this and...we don't know what we are going to do yet but it should be fun!! :) But Moises is progressing a lot and is so willing to live the commitments we invite him to do! 

We haven't been able to see Monce at all, which is way sad. He got a new job and is always working (which is good for him!! We are super happy) but we stop by all the time and he is never there. We keep praying for him though that we will be able to get in with him and re-set a baptismal date and help him continue to progress! 

Jose and Guadalupe wouldnt let us in this week :( That was SO sad. They told us to come back this next week though so we are hoping everything is okay! We have been so excited to teach them again so praying that they will let us in this week! 

One quick miracle story named Luis. So Raul Pantoja, one of the recent converts here just randomly called us on Friday and said, "hey I have this friend that wants to know more about God. Do you think you can come talk to him sometime this week?" we ended up setting an appointment for that night. We went over to Raul's house and talked to him and his friend. Luis is SO interested! He said that the prayer we said brought so much peace to his heart and he has a huge desire to learn more and feel the spirit. He said he would do anything possible to get to church and thanked us so many times after we were done talking to him. It was so sweet! And Raul was such a sweet member present- he was really shy about sharing his testimony but he talked about his baptism day and how afterwards he felt so clean and full of light. :) So awesome!

We found even more miracle families during Fear No Man, and we are doing our best to teach everyone about the Restored Gospel and how it can bless their lives! It is always so interesting to meet new people that haven't talked to missionaries before and hear what they think about us and their different beliefs, then watch their attitudes change as we bear testimony of what we know to be true :) I love that I get to do this 24/7-- just meet God's children and help them understand who they are. 

We had an amazing Zone Meeting this last week- the theme was UNLIMITED POTENTIAL. We talked a lot about how each investigator and person that we meet on the street is a child of God and He wants every single one of them to return to live with Him. It really puts things into perspective when I am consciously thinking about what my role is as a missionary. I am here to invite these people-- everyone I talk to-- to come to know their Savior and the way back home. I know something they don't- the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ- the 5 steps that are the way back to Heavenly Father's presence!! Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism by someone who holds the proper authority, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end in faith-- this is the only way!! Every soul is precious in the sight of God-- I have felt that I am a precious daughter of God and I want to help other people to recognize this too. 
In the Zone meeting there were a couple quotes that stood out to me. 

"If we have only vague ideas of what we want to accomplish, we hamper heavenly forces from helping us." -Thomas S. Monson

We need to have a vision of who we are and who we want to become because that is when God can help guide us and shape us. We need to prayerfully ask Him what He wants for us and then act to make things happen! He is in control, but we need to set goals and make plans to get there instead of just wandering along. I worry sometimes that I don't have a firm vision of who I want to be and what I want to accomplish, but I am grateful that I am here because I know Heavenly father gives me the experiences He does so that I can grow. I read a talk this week about agency and it says that God cannot act to make us something we don't choose by our own actions to become. He is there to guide us, but ultimately it is our decision to act upon all the things He has given us. We can choose to become whoever we want to be, but with HIS HELP, WE CAN BECOME EVEN AS HE IS :) That's the ultimate goal! 

"You are responsible for who you are and who you become. Your life's greatest work is YOU." 
Lawrence E. Corbridge

I love the gospel. I love being a missionary. I love the feeling I get when I share my testimony with one of God's children. I love the glimpses of potential I see in these people while I am helping them come unto Christ. I love the things that I am learning and the people I am meeting. I love my family back at home and here in Texas. :) I an happy to hear all is going well at home! I love you guys so much!! :) have a great week! 
Hermana Rogers

PS Hermana Fonoimoana-lessary is teaching me Hawaiian dances and we are trying to teach them to our ward for the Luau...it is SO fun :) Okay love yall! Hasta la proxima semana!

No comments:

Post a Comment