Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Best Week Ever!

Sooooo much happened this week that I don't even know HOW TO BEGIN WRITING ABOUT! But I will try my best! 
 
FIRST AND CERTAINLY MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! I had my first BAPTISM!! Gilberto was baptized this week!!! :D It was by far the greatest moment of life. In all seriousness, there are no words to describe the pure JOY of baptisms. I love Gilberto with my whole heart, and I have seen such a change in him, and the Lord worked so many miracles! I AM SO HAPPY! His baptism was absolutely amazing. He has been investigating the church for 4 years on and off, and the Lord trusted me enough to have me here when he needed to be baptized! I am thrilled to have had the opportunity. I don't know if I had written about this before, but he was the first person I invited to be baptized on my mission too! :) 
So Gilberto is married to Eva, and she is a member for a few years, and her parents and sister are in our ward too. They all came to the baptism and it was the most beautiful thing: While Gilberto was changing afterwards, they all were bearing their testimonies about eternal families. My heart melted. THIS IS WHY I AM HERE. I am here to help families be forever, through making covenants with the Lord! Eva and Gilberto's next goal is the temple, and Gilberto really wants to go there!! :) My heart is SO full. I am so so so so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here serving the Lord full time and helping families be together forever. The Spirit was SO strong during Gilberto's baptism :) 
President and Sister Drake (Mission President and his wife) came!! And President Drake spoke before Obispo, talking about how proud Heavenly Father was of His son Gilberto. Gilberto was beaming, he looked SO happy. I love this! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!  
Hugo had made the decision not to be baptized this week because he feels like he doesn't know enough. I know that he will figure everything out with the Lord's help though! The Lord worked miracles with Gilberto, He can do the same for Hugo and all our other investigators too :) 

I have felt so blessed overall this week. We also got to go to a special conference for Sister Missionaries, AND women's conference!! Both were beyond incredible and made me so happy to be where I am at right now. Women's conference talked so much about temples and I felt so strongly during that meeting that this is why I am here. To teach people about the Restored gospel that makes the Plan of Salvation possible!!! Because of the ordinances of the Temple, we can live with God again, IN FOREVER FAMILIES!! I am grateful every day for the opportunity I have to know all these things. 

I am so so excited for General Conference this next week too!! :) We get to hear OUR PROPHET!! :)) I'd invite everyone to think of things that they want to have answered in this coming conference. Concerns, questions, or aspects of your testimony that you want strengthened. I know that the Spirit will touch your heart in specific ways as you are listening to the words of God's prophets and apostles on the earth today. Heavenly Father LOVES US SO MUCH! We are His children, and He has provided guidance for us through His prophets :) 

I know that this church is TRUE!!!! It really is I promise! :) Joseph Smith was a prophet of God that brought about the Restoration of Christ's gospel! We are SO blessed to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation- THIS IS THE GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPEL! We will be with our family for ETERNITY! :) I am so grateful for temples- they are such a blessing to us! We are here on earth to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ and live His gospel :) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I LOVE BAPTISMS AND GILBERTO AND CHANNELVIEW/WEST LAKE HOUSTON! This is where I need to be! :) 

I love you all SO MUCH! :) Have an AMAZING WEEK!!! :D
Sincerely, 
Hermana Rogers :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment