Saturday, September 27, 2014

Another Great Week in THE Mission

Hola Familia! 
Hope school and all that fun stuff is going well! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE!! :D Love you all SO much!! Hope you all didn't party too hard without me! I got to have a party too though, so yall can be jealous. 
My ward had a fiesta de Hispanidad... which means something... I don't even really know what it was for- I think Mexico Independence Day?? But it was way fun :) I ate like 40 tacos. 
ALSO Yesterday there was a baptism!! (It wasn't mine, but it was in our ward... The Elders in our ward baptized the most legit woman ever. Her name is Concepcion and I guess she had been wanting to come to church for 30 years, and one day she just showed up at the church building asking for missionaries- theres a lot more to her backstory, and she is the sweetest woman, but that's a good enough summary for now;) Apparently I am the designated music person... I have been accompanying every Sacrament meeting and Relief Society, and at the baptism. And they had me sing too... A capella... by myself... it was TERRIFYING. 

My embarrassing story of the week real quick: Hermana Perez took me to a dock and told me I was going to go see the beach. I got PUMPED. So we drive up to this dock and I was so excited-- I asked her, "Is this the Gulf of Mexico??!" She told me it was basically a puddle compared to the gulf of mexico and made fun of me mercilessly, "Just because you're in Texas doesn't mean any water you see is the Gulf of Mexico!" haaha it was great ;) 

MY FIRST BAPTISM IS ON SUNDAY!! Hugo and Gilberto are getting baptized!! If all goes as planned, which I trust the Lord to help us with everything because they are so prepared! Hugo is the one that always blows my mind, and Gilberto is seriously the sweetest guy. I'm SO excited. Look forward to hearing about that next week! I love them with all my heart and I am going to be bawling my eyes out at their baptism. Heavenly Father has changed Gilberto so much, and Hugo has been so ready and willing to learn and do everything we ask. They are the BEST!! :) 

Other than that, we got pretty sick this week, which wasn't too fun, but we are better now! And I had LOTS of extra study time which was good! I could never learn everything I want to know about the gospel!!! Theres SO much to be learned! 

One thought: I am a disciple of Christ and I fear no man! 
2 Timothy 1:7-8
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord"
D&C 30:11
"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." 

I love this. SO much!!! We are on earth in the LATTER DAYS! The Final Dispensation!! God has saved us for the "final inning" and we are here to be bold disciples of Him. 3 Nephi 5:13 Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people that they might have everlasting life" 
This is ALL OF OUR PURPOSE! We are all disciples of Jesus Christ, and we are ALL missionaries! At home and here in Houston! My purpose right now is to invite others to come unto Christ all day, every day- but you all are called to share the gospel too!! God has given us the Spirit of love and power so we can be bold about our testimonies! Fear no man!! :) When we know who we are and WHOSE we are-- what is keeping us from sharing that with the WORLD?? 
Every single person needs to return home to their Father. Not just us! The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth! And ITS SO TRUE! THE CHURCH IS TRUE! We are going to live with our families FOREVER!!! Its the greatest news on earth! I couldn't put into words how happy it makes me :) We have the truth- the fullness of truth! 

I am so happy to be a missionary here in little 'ol Channelview Texas :) This is the happiest place on earth and the people are the greatest. Everyone says that their missions are the best, but they've never been in mine. (Mine is the ACTUAL best mission on earth ;)  
I LOVE THIS WORK, I LOVE THESE PEOPLE, I LOVE LIFE, I LOVE THE GOSPEL! ITS TRUE. Its changing lives every day! :) 
Hope you all have an amazing week! I love you!!!  ;) 
Love, Hermana Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment