Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I'm Fixin' to be a Missionary!

This was my journal entry the day I got my mission call- It expresses just a little bit of what I felt about my calling to serve as a missionary, and I still feel the same enthusiasm today as I prepare to head to the MTC:

"March 19, 2014 was probably the most exciting day of my entire life! I found out that I am going to be serving in the TEXAS HOUSTON EAST MISSION!!! Spanish speaking! I report Wednesday July 23, to the Mexico City MTC- exactly 3 months after school gets out for me! AND I GET TO SPEAK SPANISH!!! There is no way I could express my emotions in writing, but I.AM.SO.EXCITED. J Once I’d calmed down a bit, I read through the call letter itself. One of my favorite lines is this:
“As you devote your time and efforts and attention to serving the Lord, leaving behind all other personal affairs, the Lord will bless you with increased knowledge and testimony of the Restoration and of the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ”.
I am called to serve as a REPRESENTATIVE of Jesus Christ. I am going to Houston Texas to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I am preparing to turn my life entirely over to the Lord for 18 months while I serve with my heart, might, mind and strength. I have been studying the scriptures my entire life to discover the truth for myself, so that I may “have His Spirit and His word- the power of God unto the convincing of men” (D&C 11:21). I am part of the hastening of the work of salvation and I am called to help preach the gospel to every nation, kindred, tongue and people.
THE FIELD IS WHITE AND I AM READY TO HELP JOIN IN THE HARVEST. The Lord knows the desires of my heart, and I know that if I ask for anything, I’ll receive it. I will abandon my fears and anxieties and know that the Lord is with me. I will open my mouth; I know that it will be filled. I will share my testimony without restraint. I will love and serve God’s children in Houston Texas.
3 Nephi 5:13 “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life”.
As I consecrate my service to the Lord, and turn myself over to Him, He will make me an instrument in His hands to bring salvation to his people. I am helping to gather Israel.
D&C 30:11 “And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul… you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you. Amen.


I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel in this dispensation because it was the Lord’s will. Nothing can stop this work from progressing and I am so excited that I am called of God, through the prophet, to preach the gospel in Texas. The scriptures are true, Heavenly Father loves me, and He has a work for me to do. I WILL GO AND DO." 

I LOVE YOU ALL. Thank you for the support and encouragement you've given me :) See you soon enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment