Thursday, May 28, 2015

Short Post This Week

I am sorry this email is so short-- we don't have like any time to email because we didn't get to on Mondays because it was memorial day and all the libraries were closed, then yesterday we had an IPAD CONFERENCE!!!!!
WE ARE GETTING IPADS THIS WEEK! So yesterday we received a lot of training, which was SO cool. The Lord really is hastening His work, I have a testimony of that, that's for sure!
We had Elder Nielson from the Seventy come and teach us about how to use technology effectively, as well as Kelly Mills (who is in charge of all the MTCs WORLDWIDE!) It was an amazing conference I wish I could write about everything I learned.

"The truth of God will go forth boldly, til it has penetrated every continent...till the purposes of God shall be accomplished" God is HASTENING HIS WORK!!! HE has given us these tools so that His work can go forward- even in gated communitites here in Houston, even with Rotweillers and vicious Chihuahuas, people can still hear about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints :)

I really did feel strongly while I was there at the conference that the First Presidency trusts us SO much. They emphasized that a lot while we were there-- yes. It is going to be a huge temptation to have technology at such easy access, but no, I will not fall to temptation! We will not fall!
Another thing that Elder Nielson said that struck me-- I am not learning how to use technology just as a missionary. I am learning now how to be a disciple of Jesus Christ in the digital age. I am learning now how to effectively share the gospel through the internet so that I will be able to continue to do so throughout the rest of my life! I will forever be battling Satan the rest of my life and right now I am going to make a plan for how I will deal with temptations, and how I will not let Satan control the internet :)

I am excited to share with you guys as I keep learning more about how to work this whole technology and mission work thing. I just wanted to share a thought or two about what this means for us as missionaries right now, and what it means for all you guys (and me when I come home) as disciples of Jesus Christ in a world where Satan is ever so apparent.

As far as teaching goes, everything is going great. I am sorry this has to be so short- but I will write more this next week and plan ahead better what I want to say. I didn't know how much time we would have today, but the answer was not very much.

PS I am okay!! There has been TONS of rain here-- some pretty incredible lightning and thunder storms but we are safe! We get flooding warnings, and they close down dangerous roads and Heavenly Father is taking good care of us down here :)

I am sorry once again that this is so short-- the library is about to close. I love yall so much! Have a great week!

Hermana Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment